This page contains some games played in the past by members of the club.
The controls below the board should be self-explanatory. You can also click on any move in the game or in the notes to go directly to the position for that move. (Unfortunately, this does not work in all web browsers.)
If you want to download the games to view them offline, click on the PGN link at the end of the game page.
Games from 2011–12
Games from 2006–07
- A win by Steve Thacker from the Paignton Congress (28 July)
- Two games by Matt Basey (28 July)
- The final of the Club Championship between Ian Kingston and Jonathan Day (26 June)
- John Collins demonstrates how to punish an opponent for trying to hold on to a pawn at the expense of development – Collins–Wagenbach (WNA–Belper B) (21 March)
- Ian Kingston’s win against Nick Payne in WN2’s surprise victory over Grantham 1 (31 January)
- David Levens’s win against Tony Wright (15 January)
- Daniel Lin’s neat win against Drag Sudar in the victory over Gambit 2 (6 November)
- Kingston–Exton: a thematic pawn sacrifice in the Sicilian Defence (20 November)
Games from 2005–06
Games from 2004–05